Nothing is more central to the Pinebrook experience than golf. After two years of renovations, our new bentgrass greens are ready to challenge, delight and impress players of every kind. Add to that our great practice facilities, including a brand new putting green, and we’re pleased to offer one of the best possible golfing environments in the Calgary area.
Located just a few minutes to the west of Calgary, Pinebrook offers an 18-hole golf course that has no equal to its views and playability. Measuring 6,856 yards from the tournament tees, with 40 bunkers and a slope of 126, Pinebrook has a 71.9 rating. Eminently walkable fairways are set in a breathtaking landscape free from encroaching houses, interrupted only by bunkers and water hazards that keep things interesting. This is the rare course that feels instantly familiar yet plays differently every time. Golfers of all ages and abilities can enjoy the challenging layout, from low-handicappers to first-timers.
In addition to our golf course, Pinebrook boasts some of the finest practice facilities in the city. We have three practice putting greens, a practice chipping/pitching green, as well as two practice bunkers for Members and their guests to hone their game. Our large grass-surfaced driving range allows Members to practice on a true golf surface.
A well-designed course, combined with well-kept course conditions, can offer an exceptional round of golf. Pinebrook's maintenance standards, along with recent and ongoing strategic improvements to our course amenities and putting surfaces, reflect our commitment to providing a golf experience that is second to none.
Enhancements to the course since 2016 have been under the design and direction of prominent Canadian golf course architect, Gary Browning. Some of our most recent improvements include:
- Sept 2020 (estimated) - Completion of brand new putting green.
- June 2020 - Completion of a major two-year greens renewal project that included reconstruction or replacement of every green to USGA standards as well as major enhancements to tee boxes, hole layouts, bunker and surround designs.
- June 2020 - Introduction of new power cart fleet equipped with GPS.
- 2019 - Major update to Pinebrook's Golf Course Master Plan.
- 2018 - Complete rebuild of Green #18 to improve playability.
- 2017 - Construction of outdoor golf club shelters, an expanded landing area for staging of golf carts, and a number of aesthetic improvements to the front entrance area to enhance the back shop experience for Members.
- 2017 - Renovation to the underground club storage area to provide better care and organized storage for Member equipment.